The Homestead offers a variety of wedding packages, both indoor or outdoor. Unlike many outdoor weddings, you are not at the mercy of the elements. In the case of a weather "surprise," your event will be a success. Enjoy your country wedding with the conveniences of highway access (we're located on IL Rt. 97 between Springfield and Petersburg, Illinois) and offer the following amenities:
· Share and enjoy a special lifestyle close to Springfield and Petersburg, on a small 10 acre working family farm, that puts you right in the middle of nature. It's a special place that we have enjoyed for over thirty years and wish to share with others for a perfect event. We are a family owned and operated business and are experienced in making events special in every way.
The Homestead works with a variety of vendors for catering, decorations, photographic and videographic services, and more. Or you can also use your own caterers and other talented professionals. The Homestead Reception
Enjoy the serenity and privacy of a rural setting for your wedding venue, reception, reunion, birthday party, prom party, meeting - or any other special event. We are located approximately 15 minutes from Springfield, IL and just 10 minutes from Lincoln's New Salem on IL Rt. 97.
For details and rate info, please call Sandy at 217.502.0019.
Plan your special event on a real working farm. You'll enjoy the fresh air, solitude and the wide range of indoor vignettes for your special event. Please check out our photos throughout the website to get ideas. We can seat up to 300 persons and are close to the many wineries and approximately 30 festivals each year in Menard and Sangamon Counties.
Robert & Sandra Newman
10394 St. Hwy. 97, Tallula, Il 62688
To guarantee your date:
1. Date of event is reserved when contract is signed and the down payment has been received. Packages can be upgraded until the second payment is due, and then is included in the final payment.
2. The final payment is due on or before 90 days of the event. Also, due with the second payment is a separate check of $200 as a security deposit against damages, which will not be cashed and returned to the renter after the wedding if there are no damages or missing Homestead items to be accounted for. If damages or missing items exceed the $200 deposit the renter will be billed and is obligated to pay the excess within thirty days.
3. In case of a cancellation we will need you to sign a release indicating that you no longer will be using our facility on the date of the original contract. If we then have an opportunity to rent the Homestead on the date you released the second payment will not be due, and we will refund all but 20% of your down payment to whomever paid the original fee. If the barn cannot be rented on your previously planned date then according to your original contract the second payment is still due 90 days prior to the event.
4. We are in Menard County and your marriage license can be obtained at the Petersburg, Illinois courthouse.
Date of Event_________________________________________
Barn space choice (can be changed at setup, never two weddings):
“Original Barn”: ________________________________________
“New Addition” to Barn Usage: __________________________
“Both Sections of the Homestead”: _______________________
1st Down Payment Received:
Date of Down Payment:________Amount:$_________________
2nd Down Payment Due:( 90 days prior to event)
Balance of $___________due on ______________
Plus, a separate check (90 days before wedding) for damages-$200.00 (We don’t cash this check unless there has been damage.)
Date contract signed ________________________________________
We would like to ask for a few pictures from your wedding to be featured in our advertising and permission to post wedding pictures on Face Book on the day of the wedding. If you give us permission, please initial is okay. _______________________
Original Building Only
Package #1- $2,500 includes a Garden/Barn Wedding, rehearsal and Reception (We will never have two weddings the same day).
Extras with this package
· An old-fashioned popcorn machine with us popping the corn, furnishing the sacks and product
Available in 2018 “The Homestead Addition”
Including Year Around Access
With Heating and Air-conditioning
Package #2- $2,500 includes a Garden/Barn Wedding, rehearsal and Reception. (We will never have two weddings the same day).
This package is for the use of the “New Addition Only” without the use of the original barn. Keep in mind the size of the new addition will only accommodate 250 people. So that we can make the new addition cost effective the air-conditioning is limited to the day of your rehearsal and wedding only. All extras with package #1 are available with this package
The Full Meal Deal
Package #3 - $3,000 includes a Garden/Barn Wedding, rehearsal and Reception utilizing both the “Original barn,” and the “New Addition.” Have a cocktail hour in one part and dinner and dance later in either part.
So that we can make the new addition cost effective the air-conditioning is limited to the day of your rehearsal and wedding only. All extras with package #1 are available with this package.
Package #4- Proms: The entire Homestead facilities with all extras are available for $2,000.00 (Absolutely no Alcohol allowed with this package)
Package #5- Showers, small parties, reunions, business meetings, and other small events are booked only one month in advance and vary in price according to your needs, and the size of your event.
Commercial Kitchen: We are adding a large kitchen with 26 range top burners, 7 ovens, and soon an indoor charcoal grill (10 X 3 feet) and walk-in cooler that can be added to any package for an additional $300.
Alcohol Policy at the Homestead:
Client provides The Homestead Reception Center with a Special Event Insurance Endorsement if liquor is being served. Usually, you can get a Special Event Insurance Endorsement from your local insurance agent that you already do business with under your homeowner’s policy. The Homestead Reception Center needs to be listed as an “Additional Insured” and we recommend coverage with a liability of $1,000,000 (most of these “umbrella policies” run between $25 and $65).
The Effective Date will vary depending on:
Items not Furnished by the Homestead and other charges:
No Charges at the Homestead for any of these items:
Includes up to forty tables and 200 chairs at no cost for the reception, another set of 200 chairs at no cost for the wedding with an arched arbor available if decided, and an event grill for your rehearsal. In addition, the rental includes from the Tuesday preceding your wedding for you to arrange the event in a personalized manner, through Sunday for cleanup. No charge for garbage cleanup on any package. All packages include free Wi-Fi for your Disc Jockey and guests.
Extra Charges at the Homestead for some items
· Linen Ivory tablecloths for up to forty tables at $2 each if you wish to use them.
· There are two salamander heaters for the original barn and their rental is free if you pay for the diesel fuel.
Lily Tamasko’s General Store at the Homestead
Our granddaughter will have a small general store with rustic rentals including all types of galvanized buckets and washtubs at a small rental price.
Listed below are vendors that you may want to consider using. These names are for your information and are suggestions only!
Sunny Sensations Florals-Barb Rebbe-1.217.899.3517
Specialty Cakes- Springfield-1.217.698.6399
Tama’s Treats Bakery – 1.217.458.2244
Flugenzi’s Trattoria & Catering- Chatham, 217.483.6433
Max Bumgardner-DJB Light and Sound-217.494.5804/217.494.5408
Tony Boston 217.544.1404
Trolley and Party Bus Service
Stier Trolley Service-217.632.7876
Party Bus. Flipside DJ Service– 309-224-9794
Ace’s Beverage Catering – 217-652-5104 Petersburg, Illinois
Tammy Miner – 217.415.3040 Chatam, Illinois
Owner / Founder / Brewer
Engrained Brewery & Restaurant
Special Woodburned Pictures and More
Samuel Lee– 3511 East 600 Street, Plymouth, Il. 62367
Great Place for Kegs and Spirits
Northender -- – 217-523-7523 1215 N 9th St, Springfield, Illinois Ask for Joe and they will deliver your needs directly to the Homestead at no charge and volume discounts are available.
For Those Rustic Extras
Rustic Love Rentals - - 217-750-2026 Lincoln, Illinois
The Homestead No-No’s
1. No fireworks (unless there is a licensed firm doing the display in non-drought conditions) -sparklers are fine.
2. No pets/animals of any kind.
3. No sprinkles, confetti, silly string, gummi bears, jelly beans, gum balls, glitter, no silk flower petals outside, or real flower petals inside.
4. No use of ladders other than for decoration.
5. No nails, staples, screws, or hooks in the walls (if it’s on the wall it stays there).
6. No wax candles: battery powered only.
7. No kerosene lamps.
8. Personal property belonging to the customer is required to be removed by the night after the event or arrangements to pick-up after the event is to be made prior to the event.
9. The use of the barn for the reception ends at midnight.
10. Not available at this time: napkins, silverware, ice (we have a freezer for storage of ice bags).
11. What’s in the barn stays in the barn.
12. No Recreational Vehicles or “stayovers”
10394 State highway 97, Tallula, IL 62688, US or at Bksnewman@aol.com
To set up a tour call or drop us a line as to the day and time of your visit and we will be here for you.